4 Jan 2013

Chinese all-mode, all band handheld for under £300

The Yintong HVU1 is an all-mode, all band 1.8-1296MHz handheld designed as a real competitor to the FT817, KX3 and Ten-tec Argonaut VI and priced at around £299 in the UK and $299 in the USA. It comes with a 3 year warranty.

Small in size (about 80% the volume of the FT817) with Li-Ion battery, internal auto-ATU, OLED colour display, speech processor, DSP audio processing, with full support for digital modes like PSK31, JT65 and other WSJT modes. Power out is 5W pep on all bands apart from 1296MHz where the power is 2W pep. Control of the rig by PC is via USB. Free CD software is supplied with the rig to allow easy memory programming and to set up digital mode interfacing.

It is just about everything QRPers have been looking for at a price that people can afford, except that I woke up and realised I'd been dreaming.

Happy New Year everyone .............and dream on.
                                                                                                   

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Nice one Roger you nearly had me going there.

Happy New Year

Mike G4KXQ

G1KQH said...

Roger might have got us going, but the truth is the Chinese will not be long to follow in the footsteps of the BIG 3. How many Chinese Handhelds now sell against 1 from Yaesu etc, how quick did all that happen? If thats just the start the Chinese are now in the Mobile VHF/UHF market, my guess is there will be about 4 new models from China this year. HF is on the CAD machine you can bet,don't blink your eyes for too long, it could be very soon!

If I was Yaesu, Kenwood, Icom I would be worried :-( It could be like the corner shop getting swallowed up by the supermarkets!

Happy New Year.

Steve G1KQH

Ricardo - CT2GQV said...

Hello,

I start reading, then at half text length looked at the calendar to see if was already April... continue reading and thinking: what a strange stuff... then got to the end! Nice one!

73!

gj7rwt said...

Ooooh you big tease!

Roger G3XBM said...

Sorry guys, I could not resist!

As Steve points out though, there is a grain of truth in this: the Chinese ARE very probably working hard on just such a transceiver and at a price that will make Yaesu and Icom really wake up with a fright.

Anonymous said...

You had me going Roger - and I kicked myself for not catching the Goons reference in the name of the fictitious rig!

Dave
AA7EE

Bobby said...

Happy New Year...

and you had me there !

I thought I'd slept for three months.

Bobby