7 Jan 2014

First 2m WSPR results

This evening I got my first WSPR spot on 2m from G3WKW at 134km the other side of London in North East Hampshire. It was hard work with the unmodified FT817 because of frequency error,  drift, Doppler etc. Bob was visible with me but no decodes of his signal.

We should manage a 2-way QSO in due course with a more suitable mode. I was using 2W to a halo antenna. Bob was using 5W and a small beam.

The  next night I managed to decode Bob's signal (once only) although he was visible on most transmissions  but not decoding because of the Doppler shift.

NB post updated as I had G3WKW in the wrong county!

1 comment:

Bob G3WKW said...

North East Hampshire to be pedantic about it though we did speculate whether we were using a direct signal or bouncing off the stack of aircraft out Epping Forest way. Have to try after midnight sometime when Heathrow movements are stopped.