21 Jul 2014

10m Es - still good here at 2100z

Well, 10m has been in good shape all afternoon and evening here.

This afternoon it opened well to the USA east coast by Es and it is still wide open to great chunks of Europe as I write. This is a great Es day on the band - in my opinion the best this season. Mind you, I have been on 6m WSPR a good part of the last few months and only recently moved down to 10m in a more serious way. Today I might have tried 6m transatlantic WSPR but there were very few USA stations active on the mode, so I stuck with 10m. 10m is a far more productive Es band, but being nearly half the frequency, that is to be expected. 2W WSPR, even to my indifferent antenna, is enough.

UPDATE 2112z:  Best DX in the last 15 minutes is TF3HZ (1837km) up in Iceland. Still lots from continental Europe coming through too. LA3JJ (993km) in Norway is a very consistent signal.

UPDATE 2135z:  My 2W is still being spotted on 10m WSPR, now by DK0SC (827km) at a strong -9dB S/N.  The 10m band is still humming.  I shall have to go QRT before too long, more is the pity.

2 comments:

David (G0LRD) said...

6m JT65 was also pretty busy this evening, open to much of Europe. Even managed my first JT9 QSO on 6m to Poland.
73, David G0LRD

Roger G3XBM said...

David, I think JT65 and JT9-1 are going to be my autumn challenge as I still cannot do much building.

QRP DXCC on 10m JT modes sounds a good challenge. 6m JT65 looks interesting too. There was very little (nil) JT9-1 on 6m when I last tried.