29 Dec 2014

My last USA 10m WSPR spot today?

It looks like W3CSW (5886km) was the last stateside station to spot my 500mW 10m WSPR beacon today at 1654z. The stateside 10m openings are definitely shorter now. Since then, just locals G4IKZ and G0LRD have been spotting me. There could conceivably be further reports from North America, but this is unlikely today. It has been dark here for 2 hours. The time is 1820z as I write.

UPDATE 1936z:   No more WSPR spots from the USA since 1654z. This was the last USA WSPR spot today.

3 comments:

David (G0LRD) said...

Hi Roger,
For a change, I've swapped my WSPR station around so now I'm receiving on 10m and transmitting on 630m with the Ultimate3.

Now I can spot your WSPR-AXE I see that it transmits in every period with a small random frequency offset. Can you control that? I can guess why it's done (stability poor unless PA always on).

73 David G0LRD

Roger G3XBM said...

The WSPR-AXE-CW frequency moves every 2 minute slot to minimise interference risks. The movement is randomised over 100Hz within the 200Hz WSPR band. The time is set manually on an even minute with a button push. Timing then remains good for weeks, although I have reset it every few days. The PA can be switched off but the oscillator left on. See www.w5olf.com . It is a TX only beacon.

Roger G3XBM said...

No, the randomised frequency shift is not controllable. It all is on one small PCB and no PC is needed.