18 Feb 2015

Flempton, Suffolk

This Suffolk church was open.  It is situated on the A1101 between Mildenhall and Bury St Edmunds.

It is famous for a window dedicated to the last lord of the manor. The parishes of Flempton and nearby Hengrave share the same vicar these days. See http://www.suffolkchurches.co.uk/flempton.htm . The parish dates back to Anglo-Saxon times.  The churchyard was fairly wild and rambling, but delightful nonetheless.

We ate next door (just behind the church) at The Greyhound pub where we enjoyed good, simple pub grub but with excellent service. Being right behind the church, I can recommend this pub. It looks nothing special but both the food and service were excellent.

I am afraid this post has nothing to do with amateur radio! I took no gear with me.  My wife and I just enjoyed the winter sunshine and temperatures of 10 degrees C.

See our blog about visits to East Anglian Churches .

1 comment:

G1KQH said...

I would soooner have the grub than visit the cold church, makes a day out though I suppose?

73 G1KQH