24 Feb 2015

Sunspots and 10m

Sunspot number has fallen again to 44 and 10m propagation is "poor". For the first time since way back last year (summer?) I have NOT been on 10m today yet, as I needed the triband antenna for some 40m WSPR tests.

BTW, in the end I have ordered a 10m President Lincoln Mk2 (V3) from Nevada Radio here in the UK. The Pixie (40m) should be finished tomorrow as I had no opportunity yesterday and today. I also need to find my small rechargeable 12v battery and charge it. I suspect 50Hz hum would be a problem on the shack PSU.

3 comments:

G1KQH said...

I should be on commission for that Sale.. Dear Nevada, that KQH Ham over Staffordshire spotted yet another bargain tempter :-)

73 G1KQH

Roger G3XBM said...

The Lincoln will be interesting in the Es season. Not sure when it will arrive but probably Thursday, which would be fine. I'll certainly blog how I get on with it.

G1KQH said...

I found them very quick!

It will be interesting to read how you get on with it?

Good times ahead!

73 Steve