1 Mar 2015

10GHz WBFM transceivers

The modern way of getting (simply) into 10GHz WBFM appears to be using very low cost 10GHz Doppler radar modules with a 100MHz FM receiver. Whilst with G6ALB for my Pixie tests Andrew demonstrated a working 10GHz link based on these low cost modules. These are useful links Andrew sent me.
Hi Roger,

These are the units I found when I was looking for [definitions of] the 10.525 GHz ISM band.

It looks like 3cm Doppler radar is alive and well,I’d assumed it had disappeared in favour of PIR.

Some data here:

These are very good pages (for wideband FM on 10 GHz).
 Andrew G6ALB

2 comments:

Zak The Rabbit said...

I have a pair of these 10GHz DRO modules on order, and will try them as a WBFM system.

Whats more awkward is working out how to put a decent antenna on them! Perhaps they will work mounted at the focal point of a dish, i'll have to try and see

Roger G3XBM said...

For short range they have internal antennas which can be used but I imagine putting at the focal point of a dish will work.