2 Mar 2015

472kHz WSPR - very quiet this evening?

I have been on 472kHz for the last 30 minutes or so but activity seems very low. So far I have spotted no-one and no-one has spotted me.Usually I can be assured of activity on 472kHz WSPR. There are between 36 and 44 active stations according to WSPRnet but no-one is actually being copied!

Even my 40m Pixie failed to get any RBN reports this evening. What with no USA stations copying me on 10m, this has been a very disappointing day radio-wise.  Tomorrow may be totally different, such is the nature of our delightful hobby.

The most cheerful thing was the return of our two red legged partridges! They may not be the same ones, but to see two was great.

UPDATE 2200z:  I spoke too soon! 472kHz WSPR reports received from G4SMD (250km) and G3THQ (88m) and I am spotting PA0A (417km).

In the last 2 weeks my 5mW ERP from the earth-electrode "antenna" has been copied by 23 unique stations with best DX spot F1AFJ (607km).
Unique 472kHz spots on earth-electrode "antenna" in last 2 weeks.

No comments: