11 Mar 2015

Firefox crippled?

Maybe it is just me and my Win 8.1 PC, but today I am having great problems with my Firefox web browser, which in the past has been both reliable and stable. The program seems to freeze on several bookmarks (notably Facebook) and I have to restart the PC to recover. I just wonder if a recent Windows Update (installed earlier) has upset it?

Anyone else suffering in the last day or so with Firefox?

I hope Microsoft is not trying to act dirty. Not saying they are - but it seems odd that all my problems have just started today. If I were to make a browser change it would be to Google Chrome.
 
UPDATE 12.3.15 1410z:   I deleted the Facebook bookmark and replaced it.  All seems well with Firefox.

3 comments:

G1KQH said...

Seems ok here, is your copy of Firefox up to date? Go to Help, About Firefox. should be 36.0.1..

Check out your Flash player is ok, because I think Chrome has its own system, so doesn't use Adobe Flash..

73 Steve

Jon said...

Try deleting your profile and starting fresh.

type %appdata% (you will need both percents)into any folder bar (Or run command) and you will be taken into this folder.

Delete the Mozilla folder, or rename to backup. Reopen Firefox and a new fresh profile will be created. Disable add-ons you will not be using. (Java, Facebook ;) )
Remember keep those plug-ins up todate!!

Jerry said...

This has been happening to me occasionally for a few months now. FF hangs and I can't do anything on the computer - mouse won't even move. But I found if I wait for a bit (maybe a minute or two), it will eventually come back.

It doesn't happen enough for me to spend the time trying to identify the problem.