1 Mar 2015

USA 10m WSPR spots (or lack of them!)

It is now 1330z and so far not a single USA station has, yet, spotted my 500mW WSPR beacon. OK , it is still quite early and things may well be better later, but yesterday was far better on 10m. Plenty of reports from Eastern Europe and near Asia though.

So far, 10m has been a bit disappointing today.

UPDATE 1445z:  And still no 10m WSPR spots from the USA today yet!

UPDATE 1448z:  In the meantime, 4X1RF (3519km) has spotted me 22 times so far today.

On 472kHz no-one had copied my 5mW ERP so far until this afternoon when G3YAC (12km) and G8LCO (58km) copied me. My best DX on 472kHz WSPR receive is PA0A (417km) who has been coming though during the day.

UPDATE 1530z:  I have the feeling that I'm not going to have my 500mW 10m WSPR beacon spotted in the USA today. If the band does "wake up", I suspect just a handful of USA stations may be lucky.  By now I'd have expected some transatlantic spots. That is the nature of 10m: you can never be sure. No wonder some call it a magic band.

UPDATE 2048z:  So, the day passed and not a single USA station spotted my 10m 500mW WSPR beacon today.  Conditions are on the change?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello Roger,
same for DL2WB, it is quite rare that I do not receive spots from the U.S. on 10 m (23 dBm into a marconi antenna). 4X1RF the only DX spotter so far besides two german stations that spot me by ground wave.
Tom, DL2WB