13 Aug 2015

On 10m and 6m - for a few hours this evening

As the thunderstorm risk seems low enough for now, I am returning to WSPR on 10m and 6m for a few hours. In all likelihood I shall disconnect rigs, antennas and the PC later this evening so I shall not be on in the overnight period.

UPDATE 1806z:  So far no reports on 10m WSPR, but spots exchanged both ways (TX and RX) with G0OQK (98km) again on 6m WSPR. This is usually tropo and aircraft reflection.

UPDATE 1830z:   EA6ZL (1485km) spotted me on 10m WSPR at 1808z by Es.

UPDATE 1857z:  As the storms are getting ever closer I shall soon have to go QRT and disconnect things!

UPDATE 1900z:  All rigs, antennas and the PC now disconnected, unplugged and off. No thunder audible yet, but the storms are getting closer.  The operating session was shorter than I had intended.

For thunderstorm tracking see http://www.blitzortung.org/Webpages/index.php?lang=en&page_0=12  . At the moment, the storms are to the south of us but moving north.

No comments: