29 Aug 2015

Rallies

For years I have received notification of upcoming radio rallies , although I go to very few. Years ago I attended the Huntingdon Rally and very nearly bought a Heathkit HW7 QRP transceiver which was new at the time. This was in the early 1970s. If my memory serves me right they were about £42 new then which was almost half a month's salary. In the end I did not but one. I cannot remember how I got there.
Dear Roger,
The following Radio Rallies are coming soon:

Monday 31 AUGUST : HUNTINGDONSHIRE ARS BANK HOLIDAY MONDAY RALLY
Ernulf Academy, Barford Road, St Neots Cambridgeshire PE19 2SH. OT 10am (traders 8am). CP, CBS, FM, C, TS. Malcolm Hirst, M0OLG, 01480 214 282, henry_hirst@hotmail.com www.radioclubs.net/huntsars.

Distance from Cambridge : 19 miles
Estimated Journey Time  : 40 mins

A list of rallies can be found at http://rsgb.org/main/news/rallies/

No comments: