23 Oct 2015

Sunspots and 10m - Fri Oct 23rd 2015

With a high solar flux (119) and a decent sunspot number of 94 (K=1) I am surprised to see 10m only expected to be "poor" today. Yesterday it was "fair".  On the face of it conditions look at least as good as previous days and possibly a little better.  Only time will tell.

I shall turn on 10m and 6m WSPR shortly.

UPDATE 0940z:  Early 10m WSPR spots by F2 from 4X1RF (3519km) bode well for the day. Two spots on 10m WSPR by VK2KRR (16789km) are even better!! Remember this is meant to be a "poor" day on 10m!

2 comments:

Jan, OZ9QV said...

A "poor" day when I only worked 6 continents and a few "new" countries (after I returned to OZ-land) .

I wonder what a good day looks like then... ;)

I should probably try some SSB in the week end contest. Will have to look up the rules ...

Have fun Roger !

73
Jan OZ9QV

Roger G3XBM said...

In the end VK2KRR spotted me 6 times. Certainly for me, this has been the best day this season. I agree Jan - if this is a "poor" 10m day bring on a "good" day!