18 Dec 2015

Very early 10m WSPR spots and 6m WSPR

SP9LJE (1261km) has already spotted my 500mW 10m WSPR beacon this morning. This is probably winter Es as it is rather close for F2 propagation.

On 6m WSPR, I am giving the usual spots to G8VDQ (93km). He is coming in yet again by tropo and aircraft reflection.  There were 3 spots of him earlier.  If there is winter Es then it would be good to get few Europeans in the log on 6m WSPR too.

Currently (and all day) I shall be on 10m WSPR and 6m WSPR. WSPRnet again seems very slow.

UPDATE 1354z:  No further 10m WSPR spots  since those by SP9LJE earlier. I have spotted G8VDQ a few more times on 6m. I'd be interested to know what gear/antenna he uses on 6m. He uses quite a bit more power than me. For aircraft reflection I am not convinced that antenna polarisation matters too much whereas for tropo it does matter.

No comments: