2 Feb 2016

10m short-skip (wintertime Es?)

Yet again, plenty of short-skip European stations on  10m WSPR today. This is probably wintertime Es, although we are moving into February now and the peak is usually December and January. I guess this could be back-scatter although the distance suggests Es as does the restricted a rea affected. If back-scatter I'd have expected a much wider spread geographically of stations.

UPDATE 1716z:  Still plenty of 10m short-skip, although no DX spotted here on 10m WSPR, unlike recent days. I think my antenna could be far better on 10m.

UPDATE 1838z:  SP5TWA (1303km) was spotted as late as 1836z on 10m WSPR. I shall stay on 10m WSPR until the 2m UKAC at 2000z, maybe later.
Unique 10m WSPR spots today - Es?
UPDATE 1930z:  HA9AL (1455km) is still coming in on 10m WSPR. This must be Es. He was still coming in at 1940z. I suspect 6m will have opened to central Europe too during the day, although I am not on that band currently.

No comments: