12 Jun 2016

England Football Fans - NOT amateur radio

Yet again, I am ashamed of the England supporters abroad. Now, I am sure it is a small minority who cause all the unrest and violence but these tarnish the game. Also, sometimes others start the violence knowing that England fans will be blamed.

Personally, I think a lot of this is due to drinking to excesses. Maybe there should be a blanket ban on alcohol within a certain radius of games? This seems unfair on "normal" fans who just go to follow the teams.

I am not a great football fan. Some games are watched on TV but I would never follow my teams abroad. It must be 30 years (at least) since I last went to a football match!

2 comments:

Dick said...

I read somewhere that football is a gentleman's game supported by ruffians... and rugby a ruffians game supported by by gentlemen. Alcohol contributes to disorder. And, when pint-size-plus cans of beer containing 10% alcohol are available, the result is predictable.

Roger G3XBM said...

Agreed Dick.