4 Nov 2016

USA Presidential Election - NOT amateur radio

I have no intention of getting involved in the debate, trusting my friends over there to vote wisely. Neither candidate is exactly a saint, but I am surprised by the number who follow Trump. Perhaps to many he represents the "American Dream" - a self-made billionaire who has made loads of money and who promises to make America great again. All I can say is both Trump and Clinton are politicians who are playing to the audience. Rarely does what is promised become reality. The current president was going to close Guantanamo Bay - that was eight years ago! It is still open.

All I ask is think before you vote. Whoever is in charge has their hands on the nuclear trigger for the next 4 years. The safety of the whole world matters. The USA needs to lead by good example and the world is watching.

No comments: