10 Jun 2017

Low cost amateur radio

As many of you know I am a miser who does not like spending money on amateur radio. My ethos has always been to get the most for the least money. If I do spend real money, it is an investment that has to last years. My FT817 is almost 17 years old!

Perhaps this is one reason why I have always liked QRP: gear is low cost to make and every contact gives you a sense of pride, especially if home made. I hope you can take some inspiration from the various projects on my main website.

See http://www.g3xbm.co.uk . Drill down on each page to find all the various projects.

2 comments:

G1KQH said...

You did buy a 2nd FT-817

We must not forget the Lincoln too!


Bet you got a wardrobe of junk Mrs L has to keep tidying up..

So far I am sticking to buying very little this year..

Where would men be without their hobby?

73 Steve

Roger G3XBM said...

My purchases have to last many years. What I am against is punters being ripped off. I agree dealers provide guarantees etc. but I KNOW prices are fixed at as high as they can get away with. This is normal sales behaviour. All I'm saying is, yes, make a profit but DO NOT rip us off.